Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I love my husband


Good news: The FedEx tracking site says that our Visas are on their way back to us. Looks like they will be in our hands on Wednesday.


Bad news: No home study agency letter. I phoned the Stark County Court House, and they were about to put the letter into "regular" mail to us. It's the classic "he said she said" -- the home study agency says that "the clerk of courts has had it since Monday and should have sent it to you for arrival today", and the Clerk of Courts says, "it just arrived today." I said, "hold it at the court house."

This is where my husband comes in. Glenn is going to drive on Wednesday from Cincinnati to Canton (roughly 3.5 hours) to pick up the letter, and then swing through Columbus on the way back home to have all of the remaining docs apostilled.

It's hard for even me to believe, but by the end of the day Wednesday, we may actually have all of the paperwork we need in order to travel by Friday.

Now, it's time to start actually putting things into suitcases. And, likely, taking things back out of those said suitcases as I fear we may be slightly overzealous with our accoutrements. It may be nothing more than wishful thinking that one can take two seasons worth of clothes AND a case of granola bars. We'll let you know what we discover to be reality.

5 comments:

Sandi said...

Good luck packing. I would say pack clothes that can be layered, even when it is cold outside it is hot inside. Spring time clothes will keep you warm enough as long as you have a warm coat :)

I am so happy that everything is falling into place.

I can't wait to follow your journey

Snadi

Susan said...

thank goodness you called! You have a great husband. :)

i am anxious to hear about packing because I am nervous about that too, if we ever go. :)

I'm so glad you FINALLY have a blog. :)

Susan & Truman said...

Hello!!! So glad you kept our blog information and got in touch!! Things on your end sound so exciting this week. I'm happy for you both! On the right hand side of our blog is a whole list of families (mainly Ukraine PAP's). One is Staci & Damon - they were also in our class. In your spare time (HA!), you should check in on their progress too. Can't wait to follow along on your journey while you are in Kaz! Best wishes!!
Susan & Truman

The Cook said...

waiting to hear that you have those precious docs in your hot little hands. Packing was not much fun for us. We payed the overage fee...no biggie.

Anonymous said...

i hope you have got everything you need to leave on friday i cant wait to follow the journey